About

Learn more about Martin Luther Chapel — below you will find some short summaries about us with the opportunity to read more details.

Our Mission

Martin Luther Chapel is an ever-changing community of people who are called to share God's gracious love with others in the academic and residential community. We believe that a strong relationship with God provides the stability, direction, and spiritual strength needed to face life's changes and challenges.

Our History

In 1921, Rev. Paul Woldt of Trinity Lutheran Church in Lansing, MI began working with the Lutheran students at Michigan State University, then known as MI Agricultural College. In 1931, Rev. Philip Schroeder took over for Rev. Woldt and served for eight years.Since Christ Lutheran Church was built in Lansing and was closer to MSU than Trinity Lutheran, Christ Lutheran assumed the campus ministry during 1939 and 1940. Following in his father’s footsteps, Rev. Enno Woldt served as part time pastor. Their home became a virtual second home to students.

Worship

Worship services and schedule

Education

Bible and Spiritual Growth Opportunities at Martin Luther Chapel

Location

Maps and parking information for Martin Luther Chapel

Mini Bus Schedule

The mini bus (white with forest green Martin Luther Chapel lettering) will make additional stops as requested. As a special bonus, the mini bus will make as many return trips after worship as are necessary. For more info about the mini bus, call Martin Luther Chapel at 517-332-0778.

CATA Bus Route

Want to arrive by the CATA bus line? View the bus map that services our area...

Staff

Biographies and contact information for the Martin Luther Chapel staff

Leadership

Biographies and contact information for the Martin Luther Chapel lay leadership

Contact Us

Need to contact us? View our contact info as well as an electronic contact form.

Want to receive our emails? Sign Up Here